Gift Card Privacy Disclosure Statement
This document applies to you if you are an individual who purchases or uses a gift card issued by us, Metcash Trading Limited (ABN 61 000 031 569), bearing any of the brands of the Metcash group such as IGA, Foodland, Mitre 10, Home Timber & Hardware, True Value, Thrifty Link , Cellarbrations, Bottle-O and Porters (“Metcash Gift Card”). It includes information about how we collect, use, store and disclose personal information and described the consent you give by purchasing or using a Metcash Gift Card.
Providing information about another person
When you give us personal information about another person, you represent that you are authorised to do so and agree to inform that person that we have collected their information and may use and disclose it as described in this document.
Personal information we collect
The types of personal information we collect and hold about you may include:
- details of your means of payment such as your credit card details;
- contact details (address, email, telephone);
- details of gift cards purchased (eg serial number);
- communications with you through the Metcash Gift Cards website or related digital services; and
- details of purchases you make from us with a gift card.
Purposes for collecting your personal information
We collect your personal information:
- to process your purchase of a gift card and delivery it to you;
- to provide you with communications in relation to our products and services;
- to promote our products and services to you (unless and until you tell us otherwise for example by responding to any opt-out function we provide);
- to comply with legislative or regulatory requirements;
- for internal processes including product development and pricing;
- unless and until you tell us not to, to contact you to discuss other products that may be of interest to you which may be by phone, SMS, email, or other means.
Without your personal information, we may be unable to perform these functions.
Disclosure of your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- other persons to verify that it is correct;
- our related bodies corporate, assignees, agents, contractors, service providers (including payment processors and debt collection agencies) and external advisers;
- information service providers including fraud detection services;
- law enforcement, regulatory and government bodies as permitted or required by law;
- any person we consider necessary to perform the functions described in this document;
- any person who is considering whether to acquire or who has acquired our business.
Transfer of personal information overseas
We disclose personal information, for some of the purposes described above, to organisations located in Australia and in other countries, including Canada and the United States of America. We or our service providers may also make personal information held in Australia or the other countries listed above remotely available for processing by service provider personnel located in other countries, such as India.
If you have any questions or concerns in relation to our collection, use or disclosure of personal information, you can contact:
The Privacy Officer
Metcash Trading Limited
1 Thomas Holt Drive
Macquarie Park NSW 2113
Fax: (02) 9741 3027
E-mail: [email protected]